Cyrus CD6/8 se loading problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have now had 1 CD6 se replaced after only 2 weeks after purchase, and then the replaced unit sent back to Cyrus within 2 months of purchase, yet the faults persist. The CD player refuses to load up many perfectly good disks, or having loaded refuses to play when asked, also certain cd's are getting stuck on ejection and have to be released with a sharp knife.  My dealer tells me that these faults were due to software problems on early units and should by now have been sorted by the manufacturer. 

What should I do? the Cyrus CD player and Amp cost a lot f money and I have lost all confidence in the manufacturers ability to fix the problem.  (sounds good with B&W CM7s if you can get the damn thing to play)

T

the record spot

Not sure if we've heard of this problem before on these forums. Are you sure you're loading them in properly...?

Just kidding!

Welcome to the forums, trawl back a few threads and you'll see you're probably not the first to have had 'issues' with disc loading errors. Like you say, an apparently fabulous player when the discs do load...for £800 or £1100 depending on the model, it seems like the new SE mechanism will be due an overhaul for the next generation of Cyrus players in light of the comments on this site alone.

EDIT: And yes, send it back - not fit for purpose despite a few attempts now. Full refund, etc., and check out the Eastern Electric Minimax!

A

Anonymous

plootus. Send it straight back. They will pick up and return. The units are under warranty and you have every right to do this.

My 8SE went back twice - once for the software, then a month later as it would not load ANY discs. This was diagnosed as a faulty laser which was replaced.

Also, ask for priority service - the second time I had my unit back to me within a few days. Good customer service by the way.

Hope this helps.
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS