Cyrus 8vs 2 & Quad 12l2...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone ever tried this combo?

Just that there are some really good deals going for the 12l2's (£250) but unfortuneately I won't be able to demo the combo.

Thanks for all your help.

Gary

A

Anonymous

I have two pairs of Quad 11L's (the 12L's baby brother). One paired with a Linn Classik and the other with a Cyrus 6VS. It is difficult to compare the two as the Cyrus is being fed with computer audio (Internet radio) via a Fubar III DAC. However, although I prefer the warmer sound given by the Linn the Cyrus/Quad combination is also very very good. Given that it is being fed with Internet Radio I'm very impressed with the sound and it is not at all fatiguing. Fed with a descent source I would expect to sound even better.

The cyrus gives a lean sound but much more detail and is much livelier. I can't remember the reviews of the Quad 12L2 but I expect the sound will be almost the same but with a little bit more power. So if you like a warmer Arcam type sound I suspect the Cyrus might be a little lean, but if you like detail and timing then I think they would go well. Of course the Quad speakers have been surpassed in recent reviews but to get the best rated now you would be adding £100+. Also the Quad Mark II versions didn't get as good a review as the originals so I don't know if their character changed much.

I hope that is of some help.

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I have a set of the 12L2's and love them but there working with two hands tied as I use a AV amp, take a look at this http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/1076/v/3/sp/, In my opinion the 12L2 are better than the 12L but the market has improved to a level that at the £500 - £750 end of the market they can't compete but at the £250 to £450 end of the market they are a very good buy, I paid £299 of mine. Hope this helps Gary

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts