Cyrus 6XPD amp- turntable questions

knacker

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
Having been offered a very large vinyl collection, I am wondering about getting a turntable and wondered if it is possible to use a USB turntable direct with my amp or will I still need a pre amp for it- It would be very usefull if I can do so as it would save a few bob but also I have limited desk space for my kit

Many thanks

knacker said:
Having been offered a very large vinyl collection, I am wondering about getting a turntable and wondered if it is possible to use a USB turntable direct with my amp or will I still need a pre amp for it- It would be very usefull if I can do so as it would save a few bob but also I have limited desk space for my kit

Many thanks

Not sure about USB but most of the turntables of that type have an inbuilt phono preamp of very limited quality but you'd simply need to connect this to your amp via a couple of interconnects.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've got one of these and play it through a Cyrus 5. The cert has been swapped out for a 2M Red (some on here like it, some don't), and for me, I think the sound is pretty decent. Certainly, with good quality and clean records it stands up to the cd player, and Apple Music through the Airport Express.

I've seen used ones going for less than £100.

Was going to replace mine a couple of months ago, but ended up not being able to. And I'm not gutted..... much.

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
knacker said:
Any new recommendations with a budget up to £300 including a pre amp if needed

online purchase required due to location

Despite my differences with Rega, I do believe the Fono Mini A2D gives a pretty good bang for the buck.

Turntable is entirely up to you though. Just try to avoid Crosleys.

daytona600

Al ears said:
knacker said:

Possibly get the new Edwards Audio Apprentice MM phono preamp reviewed in latest WHF for £90 and then add the best deck you can

find for £210?

excellent phono stage & Edwards Audio Apprentice LITE Mk2 turntable & made in the UK

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
daytona600 said:
Al ears said:
knacker said:

Possibly get the new Edwards Audio Apprentice MM phono preamp reviewed in latest WHF for £90 and then add the best deck you can

find for £210?

excellent phono stage & Edwards Audio Apprentice LITE Mk2 turntable & made in the UK

I'd forget the turntable as unless you can get to hear one. It is apparently a clone of a Rega Planar1. Just like at the thread prism has got going on that......

Is the C50 cartridge a Rega Carbon in disguise we ask ourselves?

+1

daytona600 said:
Al ears said:
knacker said:

find for £210?

excellent phono stage & Edwards Audio Apprentice LITE Mk2 turntable & made in the UK

I'd forget the turntable as unless you can get to hear one. It is apparently a clone of a Rega Planar1. Just like at the thread priam has got going on that......

avole

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
priam said:
Al ears said:
daytona600 said:
Al ears said:
knacker said:

find for £210?

I'd forget the turntable as unless you can get to hear one. It is apparently a clone of a Rega Planar1. Just like at the thread prism has got going on that......

+1
Look at the support Priam is getting both from here and in Thailand. The turntable might not be that flexible, but Rega seem to be bending over backwards to help.

That said, secondhand is probably the best option. Far better bang for buck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts