Cyrus 6vs2 overkill for Epos 12.2s?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I demoed my Epos 12.2s at Sevenoaks with a Cyrus integrated amp (either the 6 or the 8) and the matching CD. Absolutely loved the sound, and was of course disappointed that my Sony 50ES AV receiver never sounded as good with the Epos after I bought them. Not BAD, but never as magical.

Now my Sony has finally died after 11 years of ownership, and 2 channel music is more imporant to me than AV - so I am looking for an integrated reciever to compliment my Epos 12.2 and REL Stadium sub. I like the idea of eventually being able to upgrade the Cyrus with the 8 AV Master in the future to go to 5 channels - however, is the Cyrus simply overkill for my Epos in terms of quality, or would I be better off looking at something on teh order of Cambridge integrated, or will the Epos play near the level of the Cyrus (not sound pressure, but quality and staging).

Any thoughts appreciated...

A

Anonymous

An amp can never be overkill, unless in extreme cases. Good speakers respond well to gutsier amplification. Purchases, and enjoy just how much better the Epos actually do sound.

A

Anonymous

4LKN4:An amp can never be overkill, unless in extreme cases. Good speakers respond well to gutsier amplification. Purchases, and enjoy just how much better the Epos actually do sound.

Spot on!

A

Anonymous

I thought that might be the case, and I decided that a new amp would indeed be purchased forthwith. However, unfortunately for Cyrus, I bid on and won a Creek Evo for £220 in new condition yesterday on eBay. Picked it up today from seller.

It's not quite a Cyrus, to my ears. But it is LOADS better than my Sony ES kit - even my equipment-hating gf is raving about how good it sounds!!

For the price, it gives me very good sound while I wait for my bonus check next year and buy all the Cyrus kit together, and hopefully see if Cyrus have addressed the firmware issues with the AV 8 Master...then I can move the Creek into another room and have great sound in both places!

Thanks for all the responses!

A

Anonymous

Good bargain, although I can only recommend you consider the Cyrus in the future...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts