Cyrus 6 XP or Rega Brio R?

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Have gone from expensive HiFi to price worthy HiFi. Own Rega RS1 which are fabulous speakers for the money. Likes warm and forward sound from the stereo.

matthewpiano

I can't comment on the Cyrus but I've been very impressed by the Brio-R when I've heard it, so much so that I will be auditioning it properly with my own music soon with a view to upgrading my amp. Will report back when I've done a proper demo.

A

Anonymous

The Cyrus is a stunning amp but the Rega goes so, so well with its own speakers etc...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
NHL said:
Have gone from expensive HiFi to price worthy HiFi. Own Rega RS1 which are fabulous speakers for the money. Likes warm and forward sound from the stereo.

I'm still split. The Brio-R will have the warmth, and the 6xp will have the forwardness.

Audition :)

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
...The Brio-R will have the warmth, ...

If I may just kind of off track a little.

Since I’m in almost the same situation as NHL (just change the Uniti for 5I and vinyl for vinyl and other source)

Does the Brio-R have the same (or close) warmth of the Brio 3?

I’m looking Brio-R but all I could hear today was the Brio 3 with Rega RS3, Totem Sttaf and Arro.

Thanks!

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The Brio-R is a terrific amp, but it isn't up there with the Nait 5i - doesn't separate the instruments as well and the mids aren't quite as good. It isn't far off, however.

It is a lot cheaper.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Personally I prefer the Brio-R to any of the amps mentioned. It's very transparent in the mid/top in a way the Naim 5 series aren't IMHO. And for vinyl, it has a superb phono stage, which being inbuilt saves the faff and degradation of extra cables and boxes.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
mrox said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
...The Brio-R will have the warmth, ...

If I may just kind of off track a little.

Since I’m in almost the same situation as NHL (just change the Uniti for 5I and vinyl for vinyl and other source)

Does the Brio-R have the same (or close) warmth of the Brio 3?

I’m looking Brio-R but all I could hear today was the Brio 3 with Rega RS3, Totem Sttaf and Arro.

Thanks!

Sort of. The Brio-R is quite a bit better though, and a far more capable amplifier. I can't see anyone buying a Brio3 if they've tried it side by side with a Brio-R.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts