Cyrus 6 Power vs. 8 Power

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
All,

How well would the Cyrus 6 Power do with the 8vs2 compared to the 8 Power? Will there still be benefits to bi-amping? I have seen one on special offer that I can afford..... Can't stretch to an 8 Power unfortunately. Is there an alternative power amp at the £400-500 mark that's worth looking at?

Is the PSX-R a good alternative to boosting the performance of the 8vs2?

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

from my opinion psx-r works similar like mains filter/conditioner by feeding stabil & clean power. bring your 6 power for audition with psx-r. the different is a more control & bright/compact sound.

p/s: why cyrus dont produce psx-r that have many outlets so many cyrus components can be connected to? profit maximisation i think..hehe

A

Anonymous

In the end, I went for the PSX-R, gently used. It does way more than a conditioner/filter. It apparently takes over the powering of the pre-amp circuits, leaving the integrated amplifier effectively as a 70w power amp. The difference it makes is stunningly good. I tried it with the Tacima in the past; the Tacima seems to strangle the amp, the PSX-R allows it to blossom.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Ive had a system with biamped 6 powers and also tried the 8 power and xpower. My advice would be to save up for an x power. Its night and day from the biamped 6 power and 8 power. With regards to the question in my opinion there is not a massive difference between 2 6 powers biamped and an 8 power. If anything i think the individual 8 power was slightly better.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Just read the full post and you mention that you cant stretch to the 8 power and you were looking at individual 6 power. In that case i would not recomend a single six power. Not sure what else is out there. Save up for a bel canto s300. I sold mine for 550 ish a few months ago and they wipe the floor (imo) with anything from cyrus before the monos. cheers!

TRENDING THREADS