Cut To The Chase

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Cyrus MonoX : what speakers do they match up well with?

I was surprised to hear a Cryus set up at the Manchester show sounding so good with 'ickle' Dyn Focus 110s!

Any thoughts?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
my local shop reckon that cyrus test their kit with spendor. as you've found, another is dynaudio. well worth checking atc as well.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We've done a lot of Dynaudio with Cyrus over the years, with other common brands being ProAc, Monitor Audio, KEF and ATC. Once you get to the level of the Mono X's, ampliiers can drive almost any speaker, so compatibility isn't really a problem, it's more of what matches to suit your personal preference,

You may have been impressed at the show because the system was illustrating just how good a quality small speaker can sound like when it's driven properly. All quality small speakers will sound great when using this level of amplification, especially compared to using just a 6vs2 or example. They'll sound like completely diferent speakers.

A

Anonymous

STUPE:
Cyrus MonoX : what speakers do they match up well with?

That depends completely upon your ears and your tastes. I would suggest in all seriousness that recommendations are next to useless - you need to hear combinations for yourself and preferably in your own room.

I had a pair of these and second hand they are superb amps. Listen and decide for yourself - there's a lot of choice of speakers!

TRENDING THREADS