Custom ear gels

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had some custom ear gels made by ACS for their earbuds? I'm not quite getting the right fit from my new Klipsch all the time and as it's my birthday coming up I thought this might be a nice indulgent treat for me.

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Haven't had any custom tips made myself but I just did a search for them out of interest and the ACS ones did pop up with a very good review. I think a massive appeal of them for me (on top of any sound quality improvements) would be that they would stay nice and still in the ear when moving about.

bobshek

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Yup. Got them done for my Shure 530s.

They improved the sound and comfort loads for me as even with the large olives, I wasn't getting a 100% seal all of the time.

Take some getting used to when first inserting them, but after a while you get used to the routine. (It's a insert, turn, and lock method)

You just need to ensure you get really good impressions done.

Treacherous path you're walking though as after I got these, I ended up getting a pair of JH Audio full customs followed by a portable amp for my ipod......
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
bobshek said:
Yup. Got them done for my Shure 530s.

They improved the sound and comfort loads for me as even with the large olives, I wasn't getting a 100% seal all of the time.

Take some getting used to when first inserting them, but after a while you get used to the routine. (It's a insert, turn, and lock method)

You just need to ensure you get really good impressions done.

Treacherous path you're walking though as after I got these, I ended up getting a pair of JH Audio full customs followed by a portable amp for my ipod......
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Just had a look at the JH site. Very nice stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts