nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you thing silk finish emulsion reflects the sound more than matt? And that super matt Farrow and Ball stuff the most absorbent?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I remember Peter Belt hanging paper clips from his curtains to improve the sound. Not to mention slipping paper under one foot of his and amp and turntable so they were sitting on an odd number of feet. Nothing you can show me surprises me. Mind you, I thought that last year, then someone showed me that hifi-grade LAN cables are really a thing. Can anything top that?

Samd

nick8858 said:
Do you thing silk finish emulsion reflects the sound more than matt? And that super matt Farrow and Ball stuff the most absorbent?

See here:

Hi Fi Paints in Nangloi, Delhi is one of the top Paint Manufacturers in Nangloi, Delhi. Visit Justdial for Address, Contact Number, Reviews & Ratings, Photos, Maps of Hi Fi Paints, Nangloi, Delhi.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Samd said:
See here:

Hi Fi Paints in Nangloi, Delhi is one of the top Paint Manufacturers in Nangloi, Delhi. Visit Justdial for Address, Contact Number, Reviews & Ratings, Photos, Maps of Hi Fi Paints, Nangloi, Delhi.

Or you could just put Spam on the walls: that's quite absorbent

Gray

If you've ever heard a 'flutter echo' with the clap hands test, you'll know what a horrible thing it is. Mine was bad. I suspected it wasn't doing the sound any favours.

I covered 2 walls with the thickest cork tiles I could find. And the ceiling with a raised-squares pattern, fire hazard, similar to this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polystyrene-Ceiling-Tiles-Welle-White/dp/B00D07650O/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_60_img_0/261-0104565-6448621?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KEG31VPCNHXRXJ6Y5SY2

The result was an instant focusing of all sound. A genuine upgrade, second only to an ear syringe.

It's laughable to consider cable changes before addressing room acoustics (and some would say even after!)

D

Deleted member 108165

I can vouch for your upgrade Gray. I've never heard such a focused sound before and probably never will, it is intoxicating. Wish I could do something similar but I need to downsize to somewhere smaller in five years time... need to maximise on the resale value and all that.

Cables... enough said.

Gray

As I've said Doug, I reckon the biggest limitation to unhindered audio enjoyment is being attached to neighbours. Those in detatched places need to realise how lucky they are. At least you've got some plan - when my place gets downsized, after the necessary refurbishment and my one third split of the proceeds, my next place will be a beach hut. Detached maybe, but no good for audio.

TRENDING THREADS