• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Curious - Nad C326BEE vs Cambridge Audio 540 V2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Having just left Richer Sounds and noticing that they have the sole right to sell Cambridge Audio I was wondering how it affects the price and quality?  Take for example the CA 540 V2 Amp priced at £250, is it comparable with the new NAD C326BEE priced at £325. In my experience of Sole franchise retail outlets you are able to charge a premium for your goods as opposed to a multi franchise outlet having manufacturers competing against each other.  Just throwing it out there with interest really.  Both Amps I note have been awarded 5 Stars at some point........ 

A

Anonymous

I was also under the impression that CA was exclusive to RS, but these guys also seem to be trading:
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/AV-Selector_?_sid=666231502&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_pgn=2

More expensive on the 540A you will note. The location is listed as North Lanarkshire.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps they are buying from RS then selling them on! lol

matthewpiano

Nov 23, 2007
Alan Arnold:What do you think of the CA vs the NAD?

Well, IMO, the NAD C325BEE was far better than the Cambridge 540A V2, so I would expect the C326BEE to be better again. I've not heard the latest NAD though.

plastic penguin

Apr 28, 2008
matthewpiano:Alan Arnold:What do you think of the CA vs the NAD? Well, IMO, the NAD C325BEE was far better than the Cambridge 540A V2, so I would expect the C326BEE to be better again. I've not heard the latest NAD though.

Pretty much the same. Not heard the most recent incarnation of Nad, i would certainly believe the 540 couldn't draw a beed on the Nad.

A

Anonymous

So sounds like the moneys on the NADs for want of a better phrase! ÿInterested in anyone elses opinions. ÿHas anyone upgraded from CA to NAD and never looked back?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
See the latest (May) issue of WHF where the NAD C326BEE comes out top of the group test against Marantz PM6002, Rotel RA-04 and Yamaha A-S700. (And a five star 'first test' result in the April issue.)

Okay the group test did not include the CA-540 V2 but it gives you an idea how seriously this new NAD amp is being taken.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I read that. ÿProbably part of the reason for the post I guess. ÿLooks like a nice bit of kit. Could sound nice with a pair of B&W 365s as part of a budget set up maybes....

A

Anonymous

Alan Arnold:anyone upgraded from CA to NAD and never looked back?

Me. Jump in, the water's great!

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
''Has anyone upgraded from CA to NAD and never looked back? ''

i changed from the CA 540a V2 to the NAD c320bee (2nd hand rom fleabay), never looked back! the NAD is far beter

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts