A

Anonymous

well thjen go to ur local hi-fi dealer and test it out have a listen go on son wat ya waiting for

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's a good four-star rated player we praised for precise detailed delivery - don't expect a party animal, though.

What budget do you have for your player, and what's the rest of your system? Maybe we can suggest some other products to demo when you take a listen to the Creek.

A

Anonymous

Hi, The rest of my gear is Carver based. Pre Amp- C-16, Power Amp-TFM-25,Celestian - SL600si. Speakers.

A

Anonymous

Sorry forgot about price I'd like to spend. £500.00 ish, What do you meen it's not a party animal? Thanks.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Carver stuff are quite smooth in itself although I coundn't remember which model I heard as it's a long while back....Creek has reputation for smoothness but don't misunderstood it for being boring though.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
When I said the Creek's isn't a party animal, I mean it lacks the rhythmic drive and attack the very best at this price offer, so if you like hard-charging music (anything from dynamic classical to dance tracks) you may find it lacks a little excitement.

I'm afraid i'm not familiar with the Carver kit, but if it is indeed a smooth, polished listen you'd probably be best pairing it with something with a bit more punch, or your system could end up sounding a tad dreary.

A player that immediately springs to mind is the Exposure 2010s (list price £599), a five-star player with bags of pace and dynamism. Audiolab's 8000CD (list price £600) should also be on your audition list, and (if you can stretch to it) the Roksan Kandy III (£650). And while you're at it, the double Award-winning Cyrus CD6s (£650) is a must-hear, too.

If that's all a bit pricey for you, take a listen to Arcam's evergreen Diva CD73T (list price £450) - an Award winner in 2004 and still a five-star favourite now.

Hope that's given you some inspiration!

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your considerate time in making my decision a lot easier, as it is not possible to audition every c.d. player that is available .

A

Anonymous

Hi, how will the sound of the Arcam Diva 73 t differ from Arcams Alpha 7SE ? a friend has one of these in his system and I could borrow it for a demo.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Mr.P."]
Hi, how will the sound of the Arcam Diva 73 t differ from Arcams Alpha 7SE ? a friend has one of these in his system and I could borrow it for a demo.
[/quote]

Diva is a lot better than 7SE (a champ back in the 90's), still not my cup-a-tea though.

A

Anonymous

I heard the Creek, Arcam, and the Roksan today. And I must say I like the Creek, what would you go for .Cheers.

A

Anonymous

If you like the creek then go for it,but if it was me I would try to demo a Cyrus and Audiolab just to know what they sound like.Both players are very detailed and it looks like that is why you picked the Creek,at the end of the day its you who have to live with the cdp so trust your own ears everyone likes different presentations.Chris C.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you like the Creek, go for it - but with so many good players available around that price, i'd agree wtih Chris that a little more auditioning would be a good idea. After all, that's still a lot of dosh to decide on a single listen...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts