CREEK 5350 - which input to use for DAC

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin said:
El Hefe said:
Any of the inputs can be used except for phono in if there is one.

Unfortunately Creek amps don't have built-in phono stages.

[/quote

Mine does;

In a further development of the Evolution 5350 integrated amplifier's pre-amplifier section, 5 inputs are selectable by high current gold plated relays and switchable access to the power amp allows the Evolution 5350 to be driven directly by the front channels of a 5.1 AV receiver. The standard Creek plug-in Phono pre-amp is also featured. A high-grade PGA2320 digitally controlled analogue volume control circuit together with OPA604 Op-Amps are used to provide a pre-amp with higher overload margin and lower distortion.

I run my dac into the tuner input.

Nogsk said:
plastic penguin said:
El Hefe said:
Any of the inputs can be used except for phono in if there is one.

Unfortunately Creek amps don't have built-in phono stages.

[/quote

Mine does;

In a further development of the Evolution 5350 integrated amplifier's pre-amplifier section, 5 inputs are selectable by high current gold plated relays and switchable access to the power amp allows the Evolution 5350 to be driven directly by the front channels of a 5.1 AV receiver. The standard Creek plug-in Phono pre-amp is also featured. A high-grade PGA2320 digitally controlled analogue volume control circuit together with OPA604 Op-Amps are used to provide a pre-amp with higher overload margin and lower distortion.

I run my dac into the tuner input.

Creek have a phono input but it can't be used, according to a Creek dealer, without a phono card, which costs about £150 extra.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I have the 5350 and you need to buy the Sequel phono card which is dead easy to fit. When fitted the display changes from Aux to Phono.

The cheapest MM card (Sequel 40) costs just under £100.

TRENDING THREADS