couple of blu-ray questions for ya.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All

I currently use the ps3 to play blu-ray films. Do you think buying a Sony BDP760 is a worthy upgrade.

Also the parents have a samsung dvd player with the 5.1 surround speakers, which they got with as a package with the a samsung tv. The only problem is the DVD player is knackered. Could I connect the sony BDP760 to the speakers and get 5.1 surround sound from both dvd's and blu-rays?

Thanks

S.

A

Anonymous

Yes I would have said that the sony is a better blu-ray player than your ps3. Shop around. Prices are quite keen.

If your parents already have a tv, amp, dvd player and 5.1 speakers then they can already get dolby digital surround sound. If you connected the sony you would still get surround sound. Depending on what amp they have, you would get the higher quality audio tracks included on blu-ray discs.

A

Anonymous

hi dave -

its an all in one player that the parents have, so there is no seperate amp.

I assume i can just connect the 5.1 speakers to the blu-ray player , and would that work?

Cheers.

S.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
stm_70:

hi dave -

its an all in one player that the parents have, so there is no seperate amp.

I assume i can just connect the 5.1 speakers to the blu-ray player , and would that work?

Cheers.

S.
The blu-ray player does not have an amplifier. Unless your "5" speakers are active (your sub is) i.e they have thein own amplifier, this cannot work.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You may be able to connect your Blu-ray player to the parents' all-in-one if that all-in-one has a digital audio input, but you will only get standard Dolby Digital/DTS/stereo sound, not the HD versions available on Blu-ray.

To get the HD sound you will need a separate amplifier, and probably new speakers, too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts