Could you guys and ladies at WHat Hifi ask Panasonic about the Oled HDR firmware update?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Phoned up Panasonic and they are saying the HDR firmware update is already on the TVs.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
RTBM

Page 261 onwards covers software updates. (If there are any waiting for your TV.)
Nope, all upto date, cheers Chebby. I had to do one when I first got it but now everything is perfect. It's easy to check too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Still don't know what's going on. Speaking to Panasonic on their customer service is useless. Any info? Cheers.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Still don't know what's going on. Speaking to Panasonic on their customer service is useless. Any info? Cheers.

I don't know who else here has an £8000 65" Panasonic 4k HDR OLED (or whatever it is) who could help you. Why is it 'useless' when you call Panasonic?

What do you want to do? (I can't be bothered to read back through all your related threads any more.)

Don't the online instructions help?

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
gel said:

Any info on what? You said yourself your TV is up to date and has the hdr update out of the box?
Apparently its not, even though Panasonic customer service is saying it is.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:

I don't know who else here has an £8000 65" Panasonic 4k HDR OLED (or whatever it is) who could help you. Why is it 'useless' when you call Panasonic?

What do you want to do? (I can't be bothered to read back through all your related threads any more.)

Don't the online instructions help?
I have done all the firmware updates, I guess I just have to wait. Panasonic customer service is saying that its done, but everyone on av with one are saying its not done, I said I will ask on here but no one seems to know? Instructions don't seem to help, I will have another read though throught the big book.

D

Deleted member 2457

But having seen HDR on LG's in John Lewis it tells you if the sceen is doing HDR on the screen when doing demos. So I guess the Panasonic will saying if its doing HDR.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
But having seen HDR on LG's in John Lewis it tells you if the sceen is doing HDR on the screen when doing demos. So I guess the Panasonic will saying if its doing HDR.

Just a wild guess, but perhaps the demo material they're using has an HDR logo burnt into it – you know, to show it's HDR, like?

Have you tried asking the AVForums staff whether or not the upgrade has been applied? They're said to be quite 'cosy' with Panasonic, so if anyone can find out, one would hope they would.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:

Just a wild guess, but perhaps the demo material they're using has an HDR logo burnt into it – you know, to show it's HDR, like?

Have you tried asking the AVForums staff whether or not the upgrade has been applied? They're said to be quite 'cosy' with Panasonic, so if anyone can find out, one would hope they would.
I am in quite a few conversation with The Limey on AV and he is a moderator and he is saying we have to wait for the firmare update. It makes you wonder what exactly this firmware update will be capable of? Whether they are waiting to make it Ultra HD premium alliance or whatever its called too.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I am in quite a few conversation with The Limey on AV and he is a moderator and he is saying we have to wait for the firmare update. It makes you wonder what exactly this firmware update will be capable of? Whether they are waiting to make it Ultra HD premium alliance or whatever its called too.

No idea who that moderator is, but is he/she one of the AVF writers? Surely it would be better to ask one of them to get a definitive answer from Panasonic, since your request to the WHF people seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
If you can't tell whether you have it or not then just how good is it really?

Oh, and just so you know, my old Viera was supposed to get firmware/software downloads 5 years ago when I bought it (for getting BBC iPlayer via ethernet).

Still waiting :)

(I ended up using my Sony BDPs and Humax for BBC iPlayer instead, so it wasn't an 'issue' just a little disappointing that they lied.)

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
If you can't tell whether you have it or not then just how good is it really?

Oh, and just so you know, my old Viera was supposed to get firmware/software downloads 5 years ago when I bought it (for getting BBC iPlayer via ethernet).

Still waiting :)

(I ended up using my Sony BDPs and Humax for BBC iPlayer instead, so it wasn't an 'issue' just a little disappointing that they lied.)
Well I don't think it has it, I only tried that download I did and that was pretty useless. YouTube is much better.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:

No idea who that moderator is, but is he/she one of the AVF writers? Surely it would be better to ask one of them to get a definitive answer from Panasonic, since your request to the WHF people seems to have fallen on deaf ears.
I will message Steve Withers and see what he comes up with.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
But having seen HDR on LG's in John Lewis it tells you if the sceen is doing HDR on the screen when doing demos.  So I guess the Panasonic will saying if its doing HDR.

The TVs in stores are often in demo mode whereby they display those messages. You wouldn't really want your TV at home to be doing that all the way through a film would you? You should be able to enable demo-mode in the menu somewhere if you really want to.

D

Deleted member 2457

Steve Withers is going to ask Panasonic next time he speaks to them. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
gel said:

The TVs in stores are often in demo mode whereby they display those messages. You wouldn't really want your TV at home to be doing that all the way through a film would you? You should be able to enable demo-mode in the menu somewhere if you really want to.
It just displays it for a second, not that bad really, I would prefer to know.

TRENDING THREADS