Could a smoke machine damage my system ?

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I have a few friends coming round tonight to watch music blu-rays. I have managed to get hold of a smoke machine for the event and wondered if it could cause any damage to my system
Pioneer LX85, Tannoy DC Revolution Signature, Philips 9705 TV kit which comes up to around £8K so wanted to make sure!!

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
We use smoke machines at work(fire service), it will not damage your equip but word of caution if a neighbour thinks you have a fire the brigade will attend. We have had this many times before!!!!!

Enjoy

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
About 6 years ago my son used to use his smoke machine a lot in our dining room where my hifi kit was. Suddenly my mission 780's (on stands) stopped working. On investigation there was signs of corrosion due to moisture inside the speaker cabinets and I had to have both drive units replaced. My amp, CD player etc were all protected inside a glass cabinet.

A one-off event may not harm them - but personally I would not take the chance again - especially with expensive kit.

A

Anonymous

jonathanrebecca said:
On investigation there was signs of corrosion due to moisture inside the speaker cabinets
^^ this. IIRC, there are two types of smoke machines: water vapour or dry ice. Water vapour might kill your electronics, dry ice is harmful to the skin. Be careful.

Other than that: it depends from how high you drop it :cheer:

TRENDING THREADS