Costello on vinyl

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Playing a lot of Costello, mainly 'Armed Forces' album and a US Import of 'My Aim Is True'. Not only is the sound quality excellent but he's a genius songwriter.

Certainly my current vinyl fad.

I like him as well i've got " Blue ".

And i like as well James Taylor, almout got all the albums from him...

buying vinyl records like crazy on ebay, moustly from UK.

in December had 2 now i've 215...

michael hoy

I have to agree, Elvis Costello is a very good musician and song writer.

I have only recently started listing to his music and it instantly grew on me.

Unfortunately my collection is not on vinyl.

North is a very good album and if you like the idea of Elvis Costello with Burt Bacharach then, Painted From Memory is worth a listen to as well.

Elvis did a 2 season TV show call spectacle, he has different themes / guests each episode and covers a multitude og genre.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I have his first 4 albums bought at the time of release, then kind of lost interest in him. Not heard very much of his more recent stuff, but what I have has not prompted me to dig deeper.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
DIB said:
I have his first 4 albums bought at the time of release, then kind of lost interest in him. Not heard very much of his more recent stuff, but what I have has not prompted me to dig deeper.

There's a recent thread where I blabbed on/waxed lyrical (depending on taste) about EC's genius. Much like PP states in his opening salvo, I agree Elvis C on vinyl is a wonderful thing.

My all-time favourites of his in vinyl form:

1) Imperial Bedroom

2) King Of America

3) Blood & Chocolate

4) This Years Model

5) Punch The Clock

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Bit late to the chat but a quick mention for Trust, New lace sleeves and Clubland are 2 of my favourite songs (amongst 40 others)

Saw him many times in the late 70.s and 80's, excellent performer and fabulous writer.

The other from that period worth checking out is Graham Parker, some magnificent tunes.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Playing a lot of Costello, mainly 'Armed Forces' album and a US Import of 'My Aim Is True'. Not only is the sound quality excellent but he's a genius songwriter.

Certainly my current vinyl fad.
Those are two of his I have on vinyl (original). Excellent albums.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
michael hoy said:
if you like the idea of Elvis Costello with Burt Bacharach then, Painted From Memory is worth a listen to as well.

Yep, yep, yep. Completely agree. Brilliant album and the sound quality is fantastic, especially when played on a HDCD player, to unleash that hi-res layer on the disc!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts