Correct subwoofer settings???

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

I have bought the b&w asw 608 sub for my nad 7050 amp and q acoustics concept 20 bookshelf speaker. Im really a newbie at this and there are quite a few settings on the back of the sub. Anyone know this sub, the sound im looking for is a fast, articulate, clean bass. Not an booming overshadowing one.

Any thoughts/help with the settings?

Thanks.

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I do, but i could use some advice here also
regular_smile.gif

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The only real way is to experiment a bit, but if you google it there is lots of advice out there. I recently bought my first sub and spend ages messing about with it until it sounded right. You need to find out how low your main speakers go and start with the sub starting slightly higher than that e.g 50hz. Then turn the volume of the sub up gradually, best not to turn volume up too high though. Also find out if your speakers and sub are in phase, you can check by ear or download test tracks. You will get there in the end with a bit of trial and error. Remember the sub is there to reinforce the bass and not just rattle the windows!

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

To be more precise. What im lokking for is the low pass freq for the sub. My speakers has 88db. What should i set the low pass freq on the sub then?

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts