Correct pronunciation

jetblack9090

Nov 18, 2022
Visit site
Are you asking whether or not how to pronounce them correctly? Or are you simply making a list describing your assumed pronunciation.

The following are pronounced phonetically as described:

Tea-Ack
Fo-cal
Nad, as in i hurt me nad's
And of course the last one should be pretty self-explanatory.

Reactions: WayneKerr

jetblack9090

Nov 18, 2022
Visit site
Bowers and Wilkins. Okay the 'Wilkins' is self-explanatory but Bowers is that Bow as in bow and arrow or as in Bowie?
You know the more I think about using the pronunciation Bow-ers it puts me in the mind of a great marketing campaign by the company, of a series of archers, vis-à-vis Bow-ers during the 100 years war. Their regiment proceeded in the battle by a squadron of men carrying large loudspeakers so as to announce the Bow-ers arrival on the battlefield.

WayneKerr

You know the more I think about using the pronunciation Bow-ers it puts me in the mind of a great marketing campaign by the company, of a series of archers, vis-à-vis Bow-ers during the 100 years war. Their regiment proceeded in the battle by a squadron of men carrying large loudspeakers so as to announce the Bow-ers arrival on the battlefield.
That's veryinteresting (y)
Regional dialects can also cause havoc with pronunciation :)

Horowitz

May 12, 2023
Visit site
Bowers and Wilkins. Okay the 'Wilkins' is self-explanatory but Bowers is that Bow as in bow and arrow or as in Bowie?
And loads of so-called broadcasters get David Bowie wrong anyway! That is surely Bowie as in bow & arrow! But Fo-cal? Do you mean 'Fo-carl' PP? That's how the manufacturers pronounce it, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: DCarmi

jetblack9090

Nov 18, 2022
Visit site
Depends on how you are saying bow.
Could've picked an easier topic to discuss PP, this one's a ruddy nightmare trying describe the spoken word without being able to actually hear it, it's almost impossible :)
Well as we all understand his real name of course was David William Allen Bartholomew Jernigan Esquire Jr MD

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts