Copying Dvds, Blu-rays, illegal why?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am legally allowed to make 1 copy of a CD for personal use. Why are DVDs and Blu-rays copy code protected, when i have bought it like the CD, i should be legally allowed to make a copy. Lets face it we all know the copy code protection can be bypassed but in doing so am i breaking the law even if only for my benefit, and why should i have to pay extra in order to bypass it.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
except copying your own CDs is illegal.... http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1988/ukpga_19880048_en_2#pt1-ch2-pb1-l1g16

Copyright is a funny creature, but technically, to rip your CDs as MP3 etc is a breach of copyright. The copyright owners have, traditionally, overlooked this, but Sony Music have gone on the record in the US that the consider this to be a form of breach of copyright. The fact that music has been copied and backed up since the days of the mix-tape gives us a long and distinguised history of copying for personal use, which has become the norm. This same waiver has never been condoned in respect of DVD and blu-ray.

A

Anonymous

copying is not illegal in every country

for instance in the Netherlands you are allowed to copy a cd for personal use

also you are allowed to download music but not allowed to upload it

greets Emile

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts