Convert DVD collection to NAS

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Im sure this has been covered a few times, however I wonder if technology and software has improved, I’m sure it has.

I want to rip all of my BD including 4K disks and wondered if it is possible to replicate the same quality including HDR, frame rate etc. If this is possible, what software do I use to rip the disks on a windows 10 OS? Or should I use MAC?

Im thinking of the following:

1) capable NAS to store the films etc
2) DNLA via the TV or my BD player from the NAS
3) or hosting software on the NAS, not sure how this would work.

Any ideas please?
Cheers

D

Deleted member 188533

I'm not actually sure what the site stance on copy protection is but I've asked. Glad this popped up so we can get a clarification.

The play part is absolutely fine.

Reactions: Series1boy

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
My method in my madness is to still buy Blu-ray etc, but then be able view them from a central location so I don't have to get up and look on the shelves upstairs(wife won’t let me store them in the living room as I have too many )

i Don’t want to compromise on quality for surround sound and picture quality!

I’ve downloaded plex and just playing around with it and will feedback my thoughts

jsimenhoff

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Popping in the thread to clarify our policy and rules on copyright discussion. The discussion of software that allows a user to back up disc based media (CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays) is allowed in the context of preserving or protecting a users currently owned collection.

Discussion of piracy and torrenting is allowed within the context of its impact on the music and entertainment industries. Links to torrents, torrent indices, or any other tools that allow users to download copyright infringed material is strictly forbidden.

Discussion of software that allows a user to record/backup streaming content is not allowed under any circumstances.

We will update our official rules and policies with this in the coming days.

- Josh

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
Well, in that case...

It's expensive but there is a free 21 day try out period. One word of warning: they have been shut down once before and everyone (including me) who had bought a lifetime license before that happened lost access to updates or had to pay again, so lifetime doesn't necessarily mean that!

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use Make MKV to rip DVD's and Bluerays, no other software is need to circumvent the encryption. Then use the Kodi app on a smart TV or android box or Nvidia shield or Fire TV stick to view them from your NAS.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts