Controlling NAD amp with squeezebox remote?

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Hello. I know its possible to control the squeezebox with the NAD sr5 remote but i don't like the remote - find it too cumbersome / annoying. And I know that you can control the amps vol controls and on off with an IR blaster thingy that emits IR light, but is it possible to connect the 3.5mm jack type IR out on the squuezebox to the IR in on the NAD amp with a simple cable ie direct link so as to be able to control the vol and on/off on the amp with the squeezebox remote - for that is all i want to do!!??

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="nads"]the IR connection is only for a remote on off triggering operation.

what NAD is it?[/quote]

C352. I've read on another forum that its theoretically possible.

The IR blaster plugs into the sqbox ir out and with an attached LED mimics another remote which then operates (in this case) the amp. I think the NAD manual implies that you can link different equipment just with a jack to jack cable with the IR ins and outs and operate them all from the same remote!?

nads

opps me getting the trigger and IR plugs mixed up it would seem that if you can get the remote to talk NAD then yes or if you can get the blaster to convert to NAD then why not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts