Considering the Denon AVR X2200W

Hi there long time lurker 1St time poster. I'm looking for some advice. My current AVR is the yamaha rx373 which I'm happy with but will be sending to my pc in the spare room upstairs to replace my Cambridge audio a1 that's powering a pair of warfedale diamond 7.1 (will be replaced soon) I'm looking to purchase the Denon. My layout is only 5.1 but I like that the Denon supports 4k/60 on all hdmi outputs. Speakers are warfedale Vardus vr100Vardus centre Diamond 9Mx subwoofer I'm probably never going to use atmos due to lay out of the room (and the wife) I know my speakers aren't the best but I'm happy with them. I'm buying the Denon for its features mainly. Will dtsX be suited for any speaker placement? If I would replace any speaker it would be the rear 9's but that will come later. Other choice was the yamaha rx779 but the Denon is hard to turn down

thanks for the reply.

only thing putting me off the yamaha is only some of the hdmi inputs support HDC2.2 where as the denons all have this.

think my mind is made up even if i never use the new formats im more than happy with DTSHD and DOLBYHD.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Denon is a great amp with features included like atmos and dts x, similar priced amps from other companys dont have them as an option, I must admit that I am looking at the denon myself as a cheap upgrade to my existing system, already got the extra speakers for atmos and dts x.

*music2*

chrisr1718

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I've got the Denon and I can highly recommend it. I've got it running 7.1 with Tannoy HTS 5.1 system and a couple of Jamo's for the extra 2 channels. I had a Denon 1911 before that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts