Connectivity

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please help - After some bad and confusing advise from local Home Cinema Retailers, I wish to find what are my best options for the following. I currenty have a Samsung 50" Plasma - PS-50Q97HD, a Sony BDP-S550 Blue-Ray Player & a Denon AVR-3802 AV Surround Receiver. I would like to know what is the best way to connect the Blue-Ray player to the Denon Receiver. I am happy with all three componants but feel that I am missing something! Currently I use a Coaxial cable between the two as the receiver has no HDMI jack. Also (with-out any sales blurb - would it worth purchasing a new AV Amp/Receiver with HD capibillties - would I really benefit & notice a major difference. Kindly awaiting understanding responses - With anticipated Thanks -

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
If the Denon has multi-channel analogue inputs, connect the S550 to the 3802 via multi-channel RCA phono cables (3 x sets of RCA phono or a set of dedicated coloured m/chan cables from bluejeanscables.co.uk - which is what I use for my HDDVD player to my 3805). Set the player to do the decoding and output (L)PCM and the Denon to EXT-IN. Also, go into the settings on the Denon and ensure that the SW has +10db applied. It is in the input menu). This will allow you to hear the new lossless HD audio soundtracks on the discs.

I'm sure that a new amp wouldn't go amiss but £30 or so on some phono cables should hopefully sort you out in the meantime.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts