Connecting xbox to pj

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
As i cannot run my xbox to my pj through my amp because of input have found that running cable straight from the pj to the xbox reduces this. Do i need another cable to the xbox to get sound?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Which model do you have? The older HDMI model had an adaptor in the box that allowed you to take off the Optical. The newer slim model has an optical out.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
You should have an adaptor somewhere that plugs into the AV out port and the HDMI plugs into it. The optical out is on the side of the adaptor as I recall...

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Dont recall seeing any adapter in the box, ill have another look but i may have lost it. it will have to wait until i buy the slim line one

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know of a way i can turn of all the processing in the amp to reduce input lag and avoid buying another 15m HDMI cable. have been through the menu but to no avail.

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Best to go straight into the T.V through HDMI or Component, then optical out for sound into the amp. Or you could possibly take an optical out from the t.v sound output, into your amp.(If you T.V has optical out, of course)... i.e whatever is playing through your T.V at the time will be heard from whatever input you have allocated for that optical input. Then you could still go straight to the T.V for visuals. I play a lot of COD, Ghost Recon, etc etc and any input lag is bad, so go straight to your television if you can..the adapter you need has component out with two phonos for sound and at the xbox conection end of it there is an optical port/hole. You should have had this with your Elite, I know I did. You could probably find one on ebay very easily.

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
The reason I say Component is I think from memory you cannot fit an HDMI cable and the adapter cable at the same time, as the ports are directly next to each other on the back of the xbox, I'm sure I tried this myself a couple of years ago as a workaround but both cables cannot be put in at once because there isn't enough space, could be wrong though...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts