Connecting Wii to Yamaha DSP-AX763

drw03

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
OK I'm beginning to pull my hair out at this one and i need some help!

I will try and explain my predicament as clearly as I can.

I currently have my Sony blu ray, Virgin V+ and my Wii running through said receiver and I am very happy with it all. However, even tho I have the video up-conversion switched on and both my TV / Wii set to 16:9 my Wii is still outputting at 4:3 and I have to manually change the aspect setting on my TV every time I play the Wii - purely cos i don't like the black bars either side!

Is this something to do with connecting the Wii to the receiver via composite and will changing the Wii cable to component solve the problem? I don't have any issues with the Virgin box or blu-ray obviously because they are both connected via HDMI are outputting 16:9 / 720p etc.

Hope the question makes sense! Any thoughts? PLEASE!

Thanks!

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
drw03: Is this something to do with connecting the Wii to the receiver via composite and will changing the Wii cable to component solve the problem?

I have the wii connected by component direct to a Panasonic TH37PX80 tv (with phono leads also connected to tv inputs) and have no problems with aspect ratio.

I have never tried connecting via component cable to my Yamaha 763 because the audio leads that come with the wii component cable are too short to reach the phono input sockets when component leads are connected. This doesn't bother me, but if you were to buy some extension phono leads and connectors, then that should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

drw03

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I also never had any problems when I had it plugged directly into my TV via the supplied composite to scart convertor thing!

Its only since I've gone thro my receiver - its very odd.

Thanks for the tip ref lead length

A

Anonymous

just check that there are no system settings on the wii itself...that may also cause the overwite in aspect ratio.

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my setup too - it turned out to be the tv that was causing it. In the setup screen on your tv, check if there is an auto format option. If there is, set this to off. There may be a similar setup option on your amp, so this may be worth checking too.

drw03

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
Rob_981 - thanks very much.

Found the option on the TV and set it to off and this solved my problem - extremely grateful for your help.

Thanks ... DRW03

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts