Connecting My Netbook Computer to Hotel Room TV

emptage

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum but here goes. How can I conect my netbook computer to the TV in a hotel room to enable me to play movies on my computer Hrad drive. How do I select the correct chanel on the TV.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Well, that's going to depend very much on which connections the netbook and TV have, without knowing that it's going to be difficult to say but it's likely to be either hdmi or DVI/VGA+audio cable.

Paul.

They do unfortunately disable the hdmi ports on a lot of the hotel tvs. They always have those odd tvs with a clock built in? I took my laptop to visit my brother in a private hospital, and the av channels were dissabled. Didnt stop us watchching three episodes of 'House' in a hospital... very sureal

Juzzie Wuzzie

I have commented on this "arrangement" before - as I looked to do it from iPad (via AV cable) to televisions. Found that 99% of the hotels I stayed in (Travelodge through Waldorf Astoria) locked the televisions so that you were "forced" to pay for the movies on tap. My suggestion would be to watch on the netbook screen, get a portable projector, or buy an iPad or the like and watch on that. You'll just be disappointed otherwise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts