Connecting Denon DCD-425 CD player to a Denon AVRX2100W receiver.

agcdavison

Oct 28, 2021
Visit site
I am trying to connect a Denon DCD-425 CD player to a Denon AVRX2100W receiver. I have a standard red/white audio cable, and am trying to use the 'CD' channel. But am unable to hear anything. I can get playback through the headphone jack so I know the CD player works. Can anyone advise what I may be doing wrong, or why I cannot hear any playback?

Gray

Assuming you hear other sources from the receiver's speakers,:
Double check both ends of your twin RCA lead connections - from CDP analogue out to receiver analogue line inputs .
Ensure the correct receiver source is selected etc.......
Say whether the receiver has (optical or coaxial) digital input(s) available to use.

I am trying to connect a Denon DCD-425 CD player to a Denon AVRX2100W receiver. I have a standard red/white audio cable, and am trying to use the 'CD' channel. But am unable to hear anything. I can get playback through the headphone jack so I know the CD player works. Can anyone advise what I may be doing wrong, or why I cannot hear any playback?
Is it the headphone jack on the CD player or the Denon that you’re listening to?

agcdavison

Oct 28, 2021
Visit site
Assuming you hear other sources from the receiver's speakers,:
Double check both ends of your twin RCA lead connections - from CDP analogue out to receiver analogue line inputs .
Ensure the correct receiver source is selected etc.......
Say whether the receiver has (optical or coaxial) digital input(s) available to use.
Discovered what the problem was...I hadn't assigned the input to analog. Have done that now and it's working perfectly. Thank you for taking the time to help.

Reactions: Gray

agcdavison

Oct 28, 2021
Visit site
Is it the headphone jack on the CD player or the Denon that you’re listening to?
I was using the line out on the rear of the machine and not getting any sound. But noticed that I was getting sound through the headphones. But I've now discovered what the problem was...I hadn't assigned the input to analog. Have done that now and it's working perfectly. Thank you for taking the time to help.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts