connecting an iphone to a car.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi all. I want to connect my iphone 4 to my car's sound system. I can do it either with a cable from line in to both USB and aux in or with apples standard supplied cable to USB only. apart from the artwork not working on the former, is there any other difference in the two different options?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I guess it depends on whether the stereo is able to take a digital signal from the iPhone's USB input or not. If not, I doubt there's really any significant difference to be heard. If on the other hand it can take the digital input through the USB port, this may well prove to be a better option.

I suppose the best thing to do is just try both and have a listen - if you can't tell the difference, go with whichever option seems best to you.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
UNPUBLISHED BY MODS - DUPLICATE POST.

I cant understand why you would have a connector that puts a signal through the USB and the aux in when the USB only seems to be a good enough bet. What exactly will you gain by using the aux in connection?

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I cant understand why you would have a connector that puts a signal through the USB and the aux in when the USB only seems to be a good enough bet. What exactly will you gain by using the aux in connection?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
shep1968 said:

Yup, I see what you mean and misread your post originally as didn't see the aux in connection also needed the USB connected as well - I'm guessing this is to charge the iPhone while it plays, but why have the aux in if music can also be sent through the USB? No idea to be honest, unless it is as I say, a difference between an analogue signal through the aux in and a digital signal through the USB.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts