Connect AV PreOut to Stereo Line In

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a Marantz AV receiver with stereo PreOuts which I would like to connect to my stereo system to run the front two speakers. The problem is my stereo is a Musical Fidelity M1 SDAC which does not have an AV input mode. Therefore when I connect the Marantz to the MF the signal is too quiet.

Do you think it something like this would be able to sit between the Marantz and the MF to boost the signal?

Line Level Booster on eBay;

Would this boost the signal by enough? Would I end up with ground loop hum or some other unwanted noise?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Turn the volume up perhaps? As I said on the previous thread you mentioned this on you need to balance the two volume controls in order to achieve an appropriate volume level.

John Duncan

Set the volume on the stereo amp to 12 o'clock (because it's easy to remember) and then run the calibration routine on the AV receiver again - this will amend the volume of the two front channels on the receiver so that it is correct with that given stereo amp volume. Simples.

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
It would mean the wife having to do this each time. Nightmare.

With my gear a good solution isn't possible I think.

Wish AV receivers would be better at 2 channel music.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
You don't have to run the calibration everytime. You only need to do that just once. After that when you play movies, you set the stereo amp volume back to 12 o'clock. When listening to music, you don't even have to turn on the AV amp and you just control the volume as normal through your stereo amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts