confusing yamaha rx-v667 problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all,

i've been happily using a 667 for the last 18 months without problem. all equipment goes through the amp via hdmi but we normally watch tv by bipassing the amp. when the kids are in bed the speakers are then utilised. however, for the past week or so when we bypass we get no sound to the tv. i had thought it was the tv at fault but i have directly connected the sky box and bluray to the tv and it works fine. i then thought that my daughter might have accidentally changed a setting on the amp. after investigation i had no joy so completely reset the unit but am still getting no sound from the tv speakers when bypassing either the sky box or bluray or any of the 6 hdmi inputs. im stumped, all i can now think is that the amp has a fault because while the hdmi output sends a picture, it doesnt seem to send sound? any ideas gratefully received.

A

Anonymous

i could kick myself for not having tried that already, should have been the first thing i did. just tried it and still no joy. i did get a hiss through the tv speakers so unplugged and then plugged the cable back in and lost all sound again so i think the cable is eliminated. is there anything else i could try or is it likely to now be a fault on the amp?

A

Anonymous

thanks for the replies so far. ive tried a couple of different cables now and none of them work. the standby through is definitely switched to on As i have checked it but it wouldnt make sense anyway to get a picture but no sound. ive just checked my receipt and i have still got a month of warranty so if worst comes to worst ill phone richer sounds on tuesday. unless any more ideas?

A

Anonymous

laserman16 said:
Page 87 of the manual relating to audio output to the TV. Default setting is off so maybe check that it is set to on.
i had checked that and it is set to on. when i turn te tv volume up high im getting hiss but nothing else : :wall:

A

Anonymous

I would check all your 667's HDMI setup options. The menu that has HDMI control, ARC, TV Audio Input, Audio Output and Standby through options available.

A

Anonymous

richer sounds have now had the amp for a month and ensure me it is working. they have now had it twice and changed the hdmi circuit board and have said it has worked on three different tvs. the engineer thinks it is probably my tv so when it comes back this week, i will try it on another tv. this might not be all bad as ive wanted a bigger screen for a while and this is a good excuse but i dont get how it can be the tv? if connect the source sound to the tv via hdmi and completely bipass the amp,sound is fine. as such, im not sure why sound through the amp via hdmi to the same tv input doesnt work? as i say, ill try on a different tv and feedback this week but has anyone heard of a similar problem?

billcurtis1961

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been happily using a rx-v667 for the last 24nmonths without problem all of a suddeni have no audio including headphones. i reset to factory and still nothing. any help is appreciatd

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts