Confused over wall brackets for new tv - please help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 50" Samsung PS50P96FD Plasma TV and would like to fix this to my wall. I've looked at a number of brackets but am a bit confused with the choice and conflicting advice from shop staff.

I would like one that is compact and as flush to the wall as possible, cost not really an option. As it's going above the fireplace, would I need one that can be tilted or would a fixed one be ok?

The bottom of the tv will be 1.2m off the floor if that helps and the TV weighs 44kgs.

Any advice appreciated - thanks in advance.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If the bottom of the screen is only 1.2m off the floor, and you're not going to be sitting on the floor to watch it, I reckon a fixed - ie non-tilting - bracket should be fine.

Omnimount's brackets seem pretty substantial - you'd need the U3, which will cost you about £100, or if you want tilt version it's about £50 more.

But unless you're really sure what you're doing, get some professional advice about installing it, and the weight factor - the Samsung weighs nearer 50kg and the mount adds a bit more, so substantial fixings will be needed to hold it in place, and your chimney needs to be pretty sound to support the weight

A

Anonymous

I agree with this comment. when I do projects at work I have to arrange for the TVs to be put up on wall brackets. On a few buildings I have done we have had to have the wall reinforced to be able to with stand the weight of the TV. Now I am not saying you need to do this, but please be careful as the last thing you need is not only having to replace your TV if it fell off but the wall which it was attached to. Very messy and very expensive! Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for the quick reply. It's getting delivered on Monday so will have a look at the one you mentioned. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts