Computer speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, long time no see, etc. etc.
Anyways, im after a few suggestions/recommendations;

Im after stereo sound for my pc, not at all interested in multichannel as this is already catered for. RCA or 3.5mm will more than likely be the used connection, although TOSlink is possible with some tweakery pokery. I will be using said speakers/monitors for gaming, music production and music enjoyment. So, a small stereo amp, and some nice bookshelves, or active monitors of equivalent price?

Cheers lads and ladesses...

A

Anonymous

Im completely open to any suggestion, as I could always spend time and save up.

A

Anonymous

Although it would be silly to overshoot the cost of my source so, below 2k. And size is an issue, as it will likely be desktop based.

A

Anonymous

I've just set up my dad's old Wharfedale Diamonds (the original ones) on my old Sony STR-DB1070, and the sound is gourgeous. I HAVE had to get a new (bigger) desk as a result, but, I'm surprised these old speakers can still hold their own considering they must be nearly 40 years old soon.

John Duncan

Desk size is the issue, but if you're using it for music production, you'd do well to look at nearfield active monitors designed for the purpose. Look at Tannoy, Yamaha NS10s, maybe some of PMCs Studio range, Dynaudio actives. AVI Neutron Vs with amp paks on the back might serve your purpose (and are an absolute bargain at the moment at just £150 quid markup on the standard Vs).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts