computer drive is better

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have always thought that a cd players drive would be better
sending a digital signal to my dacs ,, well now i am hooked on my mac os x imo it betters both my cd transport and marantz
at sending a digital signal it sounds more open and images better and seem better overall on all types
of music, does anybody else think this as it seems most hifi minded people think computers drives are rubbish
so what your opinions on this.

A

Anonymous

chebby:Are you ripping the CDs to iTunes as 'lossless' files and replaying them or are you just using the iMac's drive as a player?

What external DAC are you using? hi chebby i am doing both i use dacmagic and musical fidelity x-dac v3, i
was using marantz cd player cd63 and cambridge discmagic to drive dacs the discmagic was the better, but imo the mac beats them both in the digital out department i am also finding computer based music great to use and sounds fantastic.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Well that's no suprise to most of us now.

I was just suprised to think you were using the computer's drive to actually play the CDs in 'real time' (as a transport) rather than download/rip them to iTunes.

T

the record spot

Not surprised to hear this in the slightest; the Mac's DAC is apparently rather good (though could do with a little more detail on why this is, but that's laziness on my part to find out).

T

the record spot

daveh75:But,the op isn't using the Mac's DAC...

Neither he is! LOL.

Okay....I hear great things of the by all accounts.
emotion-5.gif

(It's Friday, two big bottles of Stella, long week, tired, kids ill and some idiot on the Hoffman forum advocating spending a fortune on a mains conditioner....meh!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts