Complete IPod novice..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Spoke to a guy from sevenoaks in Aberdeen. He said that there was very little difference between the 2 and the 52 can be got a lot cheaper and seems to be better built??!! He also said that the pqls does produce a clearer sound in his opinion. Have you had a look at the i control app yet?? V annoying it wouldnt work with the 82 but would work with the 53 blu ray

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Haven't got the Ipod yet, mail order. I'll certainly give it a try when I do though. I'm gonna have a read up of the reviews. I see there are a couple of '91 BD players on Ebay right now.....

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
On yourself!!! That 1 for £900 looks good for a start meant to be brilliant with cds......Dont fancy paying that for it!! I am not too bothered about 3d yet my plasma is sooo good. What are the new dolby/dts formats like- I have never heard blu ray audio yet. Is it a huge leap on dvd/sky dd/dts?? Have a look at the reviews on the 52 and 53 would be interesting to see what you think!!

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
HD audio is a big step up from DD and DTS! I couldn't believe just how much of a difference there is - much more detail and everything seems more 'open'. I've got discs with both TrueHD and DTS-HD Master and they all sound superb! Waiting on the Back to the Future Trilogy being delivered this week!

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
My new Ipod Touch 4th Gen will be here in a day or 2 and now I'm on the hunt for a Dock that will allow me to play it through my new Pioneer SCLX82 receiver.....looking for the ability to charge whilst it plays AND great sound quality. Any suggestions???

manicm

grdunn123:My new Ipod Touch 4th Gen will be here in a day or 2 and now I'm on the hunt for a Dock that will allow me to play it through my new Pioneer SCLX82 receiver.....looking for the ability to charge whilst it plays AND great sound quality. Any suggestions???

No need, your Pioneer includes digital connection to iPod via supplied cable (not sure if it charges).

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
manicm:
grdunn123:My new Ipod Touch 4th Gen will be here in a day or 2 and now I'm on the hunt for a Dock that will allow me to play it through my new Pioneer SCLX82 receiver.....looking for the ability to charge whilst it plays AND great sound quality. Any suggestions???

No need, your Pioneer includes digital connection to iPod via supplied cable (not sure if it charges).

Thanks for the reply. I know I have the included cable with the Pioneer amp but I was looking at the Onkyo digital dock but this doesn't appear to be comapible with the new Ipod Touch. I can use the Pioneer supplied cable but it means the Ipod will have to sit on my av rack as the lead is short. Is there a dock I can use which will allow me to charge and use and maybe to have remote control of my Ipod while it's playing?

manicm

As far as I know, analogue docks will be your only option then, unless you're willing to stump up for the Wadia dock - should be compatible with the new Touch but is expensive. Can Pioneer not supply a longer lead?

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Cheers manicm, will try it with the existing cable before I think about changing or getting somethin else. The Pioneer cable has a usb and 3.5mm joint cable at the same end, Apple interface at the other....are these available widely?

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks John, as the title of the post suggests I am a complete novice with Ipods, never had one. Why does the Pioneer cable have the usb and the 3,5mm connectors at the same end? Do I need to plug both in at once or do i just use 1? if I just need one , then which? usb or 3.5mm??

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hook them both up as far as i can tell... The 3.5mm is for info on the screen and the usb is for audio and the control functions of the ipod on the 82s remote. You can see them side by side on the front of the amp behind flip panel. Took the plunge today......Picked up a brand new 52 blu ray for a bargain...under £200 on ebay!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts