Complete home set up - TV, sound, recording.

Johnbennett

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I am looking to buy a complete system, probably a 55 inch 4k TV, sound system to go with it, either sound bar or 5.1, plus a blue ray player and recorder. Looking to spend up to £2k

any help with suitable equipment would be most welcome.

D

Deleted member 116933

Just my opinion but i would hold off on the blu ray player or buy a cheap one/second hand one as the proper 4k ones will most likely be here buy the end of the year or very early next and would hate for you to waste your money.

And the same with sound bars! As the only that is 4k ready at the moment is the arcam sole, and it dosen't state on the site weather it carries the latest 4k spec or not. Though from what i have read seems to be getting some good praise. But its is pricey especailly with a sub woofer

If your in a rush i would probaly buy an amp that is 4k ready (newer ones have the newer spec 4.4.4 and all that jazz) and depending on your situation go with either 2.1, 3.1 or 5.1 speaker collection. If you get a 2.1 system you can always add extra channels later something your can't do with a sound bar.

Stay away from the sonos sound bar if your primarly movie based as it can't decode DTS and dosn't have HDMI outs so is a bit of a pain but it dose sound nice.

The world is you oyster as they say

Johnbennett

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your replies, tried Richer Sounds and they don't answer the phone or e-mails so I guess £2K is too small for them to deal with. Will wait a bit longer as suggested to see what is coming this summer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts