Compact Speaker System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks,

I'm on the lookout for some new wall mountable speakers for my sun lounge(5x2.5Mtr), they will be paired up to a Yamaha CRXM170 Micro System.

I'm not looking for amazing sound quality, just some easy music listening and amplified TV watching, oh and must look smart.... Something from the style range of things, so must be quite compact.

I have run in some rear speaker cable so they can be mounted behind the TV, so I was thinking about utilising the sub output on the micro for a bit more bass.

Monitor Audio R45's with a sub, would that work well together?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew, any recommendations on a smallish budget Sub that I can hook up?

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Just a quickie, the Acoustic Energy AegoM sat/sub system. I've read loads of good things about this.

Will this be able to pair up to my Yamaha? Or will the AegoM only take a source only ie from my tv or dvd player and amplify?

The reason I'm asking is that the Aego, I can get for £90, and the result a small neat sat/sub system with 'good' performance.

My Monitor Audio/SW150 set up will be in the region of £390.

Will the difference in price justify my ears?

Thanks

Steve.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The Aego m has its own amp built-in for the main speakers and the sub, so wouldn't be compatible with your existing system. And yes, i think the extra money on the R45s and SW150 would be well spent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts