Compact power distribution block

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I want to get one of these, and would rather not have to make it myself. Got any ideas as to where I can get one off the shelf?

15171287_10154688074271354_278025215585711908_n.jpg

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
thewinelake. said:
I want to get one of these, and would rather not have to make it myself. Got any ideas as to where I can get one off the shelf?

If those are being used as power outlets, then this product is a good way to meet your maker.

Mains power outlets are always female - so that you don't stick your finger on a live pin and fry yourself.

Don't go anywhere near a product that has live exposed pins.

andyjm said:
thewinelake. said:

If those are being used as power outlets, then this product is a good way to meet your maker.

Mains power outlets are always female - so that you don't stick your finger on a live pin and fry yourself.

Don't go anywhere near a product that has live exposed pins.

Ditto. I have no idea why you would want a block that is 'male' anyway.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
ellisdj said:
Removed due ot my pre coffee lack of intelligence post

Expresso consumed normal brain activity resumed

Was that because of the way round the figure 8 went in perhaps?
Not so much but it dawned on me that even with multiple figure of 8 devices you still distribute at the UK Plug end so you dont need a figure of 8 distribution block even with multiple figure of 8 powered devices. It was a derrr comment and needed erasing on the double :)

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I would use short IEC C7 (figure of 8) extension leads to connect to a bunch of small transformers (eg. for HDD/camera battery chargers/laptop PSUs, etc). It's just about saving space compared to a traditional 13A socket block.

There do exist certain multiway mains blocks, either in cube or tower format. Maybe the vertical tower type would help? Depends where you are trying to place things.

Also, a few years ago, I used to see four way thingies in mail-order catalogues (the ones that fall out if the newspaper) marketed to tidy up tv and video installations.

I'd certainly not want my hifi connected with multiple figure of eight terminals, if it could be avoided. Ok for portables though.

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
This is not for hifi as such - just a bunch of electrical bits and bobs. Think I might just make do with some 13A plugs but with three c7 cables wired into each.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts