Comfortable over-ear headphones for glasses wearers

DNADave

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi - can anyone recommend decent over-ear headphones that are comfortable to use whilst wearing glasses? I'm thinking light, well-padded with not too much sideways pressure. Obviously not expecting a definite answer as we're all unique, but any thoughts or suggestions would be great. My budget is approximately £300. Thanks!

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
and the AKG550 are wonderful, it all depends if they deliver the sound you like but I would highly recommend them for their comfort factor.

DNADave said:
Hi - can anyone recommend decent over-ear headphones that are comfortable to use whilst wearing glasses? I'm thinking light, well-padded with not too much sideways pressure. Obviously not expecting a definite answer as we're all unique, but any thoughts or suggestions would be great. My budget is approximately £300. Thanks!

Dave, I wear glasses and my Beyer DT990 250 ohm sound wonderful - and for a couple of hours late at night..... hope this helps.

jamescg1972

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
DNADave said:

I'd agree with the Beyerdynamic for comfort. I have the DT880 and they have been the most comfortable pair of headphones I've owned (and I've owned a fair number over the last few years - see rambling part below for some idea).

Ive a big head and wear glasses.

None of the headphones I've owned have been unbearable, though....My HD650 were a bit tight round my head (got rid of them a few months ago), as are my B&O H6, though they're such nice phones I can't part with them. My Denon AH7100 have nice soft ear pads, but they're a bit too big (even for my big head. Never feel secure) there's just something I don't enjoy about them as much as the Beyer. The Sennheiser Momentum over ear are light and comfortable, possibly a nice second place to the Beyer. I've also got AKG Q701, HiFiMan HE400, and I'm sure I'm missing a pair or two (Bose QC25, for example but I've not worn them enough to comment yet), but definitely the DT880 are the ones I go to for a long session (in fact, they were my first pair of good phones, and they are the ones currently plugged into my amp as I worked from home earlier this week and wanted an "all day" phone.)

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

James

uneven27

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Hey Dave! I saw your post and thought I could help! I bought a pair of headphones about 3 months ago after mine broke. I didn't wanna spend more than $50 (i'm cheap) but still get something with really good quality. I came accross this link and it steered me in the right direction! http://www.headphonecharts.com/best-over-ear-headphones-under-50.php

I got the August EP650 Bluetooth wireless headphones.

I wear glasses too and these headphones are incredibly comfortable! It comes with a microphone too which I love.

Cheers!

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
I also have B&O H6s, and would describe them as snug, rather than tight, but I think I've got a small (6 7/8 hat size) head, and can wear them for a couple of hours, over my specs, without any discomfort, enjoying their accurate sound.

tomjeffer

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Go for DT990. My nerdy friend uses it, and it's awesome. Make sure you also buy a decent amp like Fiio ones along with it. Or else look for other low impedance headphones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts