Closed Headphones?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am looking to buy a pair of headphones for around 150-200. They will be used for TV, movies, music, radio, computer, etc whilst my wife studies so I don't disturb.

Looked at all sorts of types, but I keep getting attracted by the open variety - which is obvioulsy against the point!

I'd really appreciate some input.

Thanks

TC

A

Anonymous

The Audio-Technica A700 are supposed to be pretty good or look at the Beyerdynamic range.

A

Anonymous

thanks, the a700's look pretty good.

edit...until i read this, http://whathifi.com/Review/Audio-Technica-ATH-A700/

idc

Hi trashcan, my wife happily studies sitting next to me on the sittee whilst I listen to my Grado's and they leak loads of sound! When I auditioned them I also tried Sennheisers ( cannot remember the model number but they were equivalent in price to the Grado SR80) which were open backed but quieter and also not as lively sounding.

If your wife is nearby to you whilst she is studying and can still hear your open backed headphones, you are maybe at the point of too high a volume for your own good.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
I have a similar problem.

Two to consider - Beyer Dynamic DT770 and the now discontinued Sennhieser HD250`s (if you can still find a pair) Both come in under your budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts