Clestion 3 vs. newer budget

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've already make this mistake once replaceing old with new and was not happy. So, in trying to avoid a similar situations I wanted to know if anyone remembers or is familiar with the Celestion 3. About 15 or 20 years old and was considered a great steal/bargin at the time. Do you think they would still hold their own vs. a newer budget pair of speakers in the $279pr price range. I use the celestions as front R, L in a small music and HT set up with a modest Yamaha RX-V557. I was also looking to add the celestion C48 center channel possibly($100). Would I be better served keeping them, adding the C48 center, or replacing with a newer R,L,C setup with a budget of say under $400.

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
I have a pair of Celestion 3's bought in 1989 still in use today in my bedroom set-up....great little speakers though a little light on bass for HT purposes. What about relegating the Celestions to rear speaker duties and getting yourself something along the lines of the Mission 33i's(were around £230 now available from quite a few online dealers for £150($300)) for your main/front speakers pack a much greater punch in the bass stakes but still very musical....and you could still get the Celestion center

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts