Clearer Audio Copper-Line Alpha mains lead please please help.......

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I want to get the best out of my kit possible and wonded if i fitted a Clearer Audio Copper-line mains cable to my Kef KUBE sub would this make a noticeable diffence. Its connected to a sony STR-DN1000 AV ?

daveh75

Whether mains cables make a difference or not is a contentious issue...

Clearer Audio offer a 60 day money back guarantee, my suggestion would be to try it, and if it makes no difference send it back.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
It made a difference to my Q Acoustics sub, if that helps......

Deeper, tighter bass than with the standard cable, but with improved definition between bass notes.....

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:
Whether mains cables make a difference or not is a contentious issue...

Clearer Audio offer a 60 day money back guarantee, my suggestion would be to try it, and if it makes no difference send it back.

Yep, fully agree
emotion-21.gif

You will probably get as many replies saying 'yay' as saying 'nay' - which won't leave you any the wiser!

I myself have a couple of mains cables (one of them being the Clearer Audio) and imho they do make a difference (and when I say 'difference' that doesn't necessarily mean 'better'). But whether that difference is significant enough to justify the outlay, only you can judge.

If you do decide to make the most of the 60 day money back guarantee, try them for a couple of weeks, then try them without for a couple of weeks, then with again - then you'll have a better idea if the 'difference' they make is, for you, and improvement or not.

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
dirtydean:
I want to get the best out of my kit possible and wonded if i fitted a Clearer Audio Copper-line mains cable to my Kef KUBE sub would this make a noticeable diffence. Its connected to a sony STR-DN1000 AV ?

Hi

We have many customers using our power cables with a wide variety of subwoofers to good effect.

Pistol Pete sums up the typical improvements: tighter and more controlled bass, greater depth and weight, improved scale and overall definition. Of course performance can vary from one system to the next so it is always best to audition in your own system to assess the performance.

If you have the Kube 2 then I would certainly recommend the Copper-line or Copper-line Alpha Plus. However, if you have the Kube 1 then perhaps consider the more cost effective Copper-line Alpha Power Cable and again the Copper-line Alpha Plus Power Cable.

As has been pointed out you can try any of our products without risk under our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee. You may also wish to consider trying two different power cables (e.g., Copper-line and Copper-line Alpha Plus) to compare the difference in performance versus cost. Simply return any product(s) for a refund should you wish.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Darren

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
May I ask Darren ~

What do your mains leads 'technically' do that aids hi fi systems? And whats the difference between them?

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again Darren (Clearer Audio)

. Sounds sad but can't wait for the cable to come. I'm expecting it to be as good as the customer service A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dean

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
aliEnRIK:

May I ask Darren ~

What do your mains leads 'technically' do that aids hi fi systems? And whats the difference between them?

Can't wait for the answer!
emotion-40.gif

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
chudleighpaul:aliEnRIK:

May I ask Darren ~

Can't wait for the answer!
emotion-40.gif

The answer will be more defined with clearer tone......
emotion-2.gif

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
aliEnRIK:

May I ask Darren ~

The silence is deafening!!!

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Just thought id let you know Darren

The cable came today and it did make a diffrence to my sub, but then i fitted it to my PS3 and this made a massive difference to the picture, sound and my sub very plesased with it.

guess ill have to save up and get a couple more for my tv and sub.......

Dean.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
chudleighpaul:aliEnRIK:

May I ask Darren ~

I don't think that Darren will rise to the bait. It's fairly clear that non believers will not even listen. Surely his company's 60 day money back guarantee says it all?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:chudleighpaul:aliEnRIK:

May I ask Darren ~

I don't think that Darren will rise to the bait. It's fairly clear that non believers will not even listen. Surely his company's 60 day money back guarantee says it all?

I have great respect for darren. hes the only cable manufacturer I know that is willing to come onto forums and talk

Im genuinely asking if he has any technical data that shows 'why' his mains cables would make a difference

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
aliEnRIK:Gerrardasnails:chudleighpaul:aliEnRIK:
May I ask Darren ~

I have great respect for darren. hes the only cable manufacturer I know that is willing to come onto forums and talk

Im genuinely asking if he has any technical data that shows 'why' his mains cables would make a difference

Ears is where it is at. Not technical data. I get HFN every month and have done for years and the technical data bit is pointless (and not interesting to boot).

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:aliEnRIK:Gerrardasnails:chudleighpaul:aliEnRIK:
May I ask Darren ~

Ears is where it is at. Not technical data. I get HFN every month and have done for years and the technical data bit is pointless (and not interesting to boot).

It might not be of interest to you Joel. But it is to me. I like to know what makes things 'tick' (As do many others)

A

Anonymous

I know its a 60 day money back, And I would be willing to give it a go on my tv or something, but will they refund postage as well?

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Going back to the PS3 thing. I had heard that changing the mains cable made a huge difference to performance. I now have a PS3 slim ( 4th PS3 in 3yrs) which uses a figure 8 connection (the little one). Same connection is used on the Sky HD box, Blu-Ray Players, LCD TV etc.

I have therefore asked WHF if they would consider running a Fig8 Mains Cable group test on the 'Mag' section of the main forum menu. Please show you're support if this interests you. Too expensive to run just for little me!

Kind Regards,

Cookie Monster

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Cookie Monster:

Hi,

Going back to the PS3 thing. I had heard that changing the mains cable made a huge difference to performance. I now have a PS3 slim ( 4th PS3 in 3yrs) which uses a figure 8 connection (the little one). Same connection is used on the Sky HD box, Blu-Ray Players, LCD TV etc.

I have therefore asked WHF if they would consider running a Fig8 Mains Cable group test on the 'Mag' section of the main forum menu. Please show you're support if this interests you. Too expensive to run just for little me!

Kind Regards,

Cookie Monster

id certainly be interested in that

A

Anonymous

canada16:I know its a 60 day money back, And I would be willing to give it a go on my tv or something, but will they refund postage as well?

Maybe clearer audio can let me know, so I can try one with no financial obligation to myself. as returning this would be about £4.00 recorded delivery.

Thanks again

A

Anonymous

canada16:

canada16:I know its a 60 day money back, And I would be willing to give it a go on my tv or something, but will they refund postage as well?

Maybe clearer audio can let me know, so I can try one with no financial obligation to myself. as returning this would be about £4.00 recorded delivery.

Thanks again

Tightwads , really you are not prepared to cover the postage yourself ? !!!!!!!

Anyway I believe under internet distance selling they are responsible for postage

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Clare Newsome herself has kindly replied back under the 'magazine' forum section and will consider a future test of Fig 8 mains cables.

Best start saving.

Kind Regards,

Cookie Monster

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Can i ask Professorhat or any body else

Have you had any problems with your Play TV frezzing while just watching tv or changing chanel????

i've replace my hard drive for a weston dig 500gb , striped and cleaned out the dust and reloaded Play TV

Still no look.....

I thought it may be one of the updates as it seemed to happen after i updated it a while ago...

I rate Play TV alot as i can remote play with my PSP and watch anything i've recorded on my tv up staires, so dont rearly want to change it for a free view hard drive box....

many thanks

Dean

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
dirtydean:

be one of the updates as it seemed to happen after i updated it a while ago...

I think you may be right about the update, as mine freezes on the web browser if I press any tabs on some pages, but it was fine before the latest update.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts