Clare can you checkout this company

scene

I must admit, I would think that a website with a .tc (Turks and Caicos Island) domain registration, trying to look like a ".eu" website would cause me some concern...

A

Anonymous

I dont think WhatHiFi need to check them out and warn people, it's common sense, if it sounds to good to be true, and your not comfortable in using said company then dont.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Looks a bit dodgy to me e.g. not clear which country spec are the products. I mean looks like there may be additional risks if buying form them.

D

Deleted member 2457

Most of there prices look very cheap, there is even a pioneer plasma amongst the tvs
emotion-3.gif

A

Anonymous

They don't take Visa but you get a special deal with Western Union.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...

A

Anonymous

Does look very dodgy...latest Samsung C8000 = £740,has to be a scam. However if anyone does order and it arrives ok please let us know so i can snap up one of these TV's!!!!

A

Anonymous

It couldn't be anymore obvious it was a scam if it was called www.itsascam.com Wise up, your not saving a few hundred quid if you lose all of your money!

A

Anonymous

Not to offend anyone, but we live and have lived in the age of on-line shopping for sometime. I would have thought people would have wised up by now. But obviously not, and this is why the young lads from Nigeria still operate amungst ebay ect..

They dont take visa, but will take western union money transfer?
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

It's not just obscure dodgy companies in far flung countries either...both myself and a friend ordered a bargain Bluray player on Pixmania recently only to be told they had made an 'error' with the price posted...we eventually got our money back but not without alot of hassle...be warned
emotion-12.gif

It's called 'bait advertising' by the way, to try and get punters interested in bargain prices that they have no intention of honouring in the hope that the bidder will settle for the original price eventually, or at the very least spread the word of good 'bargains' that actually don't exist !!!

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
A WHOIS lookup of the Domain does not inspire confidence

NameJean-Paul AracilOrganisationTech-CenterLanguageEnglishAddress

PhoneEmail

Registrar technical contactsNameDomain ManagerOrganisationPublicDomainRegistry.comLanguageEnglishAddress

PhoneFaxEmail

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
The 'fine print' in their T&Cs refer to 'Audio Unlimited' (a North Carolina company which appears completely unconnected), and says that US Law applies. Kind of strange for a European company?

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Tarquinh:

They don't take Visa but you get a special deal with Western Union.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...

If they want your money via Western Union, then it is a Nigerian scam

Dont touch it, even with someone else's bargepole!

A

Anonymous

very clever how they are trying to temp you with this

HOT Deal>>>For WU payments you will receive an extra 1 year extended warranty for free for your product(s)

BOGUS!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts