Cinema Loft Conversion

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks BB, you should come over for a demo when its done!

Going for a plumb coloured carpet on the floor, hopefully it should be in this Thursday :)

T

theflyingwasp

Looks awesome! Money well spent. :cheers:

to answer your question from a few weeks ago the fiio sounds great but to be honest I have nothing to judge the p7s and fiio on ,for years I only used the supplied earbuds for years with various products BUT I'm buying the oppo headphones next month so it might be a different story then?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
duaplex said:
14206412959_ce376a86f5.jpg

14206490070_4a9df5b3d4.jpg
14393052805_c6cb4e3da4.jpg

How have you found having spotlights around the very edge of the room in terms of lighting?

I am soon hopefully to be building an extension allowing me to convert a room to my listening room

I want to leave ceiling space for acoustic treatments - however ceiling spot lights could be in the way if placed in the wrong area

I like the look of what you have done with the suspended seciton - is that acoustic treatments or just for show?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:

How have you found having spotlights around the very edge of the room in terms of lighting?

I am soon hopefully to be building an extension allowing me to convert a room to my listening room

I want to leave ceiling space for acoustic treatments - however ceiling spot lights could be in the way if placed in the wrong area

I like the look of what you have done with the suspended seciton - is that acoustic treatments or just for show?

I like the edge lighting, go for LED ights and you will get better illumination around the room It creates this lovely trianlge shape of lights on the wall and some canvass movie posters are begging to go under it! The bulk head as BB says is great for hiding wires for PJ etc. For me its purely for looks :) Acoustic panels on the ceiling may not be needed in the room, wait until you have a listen then decided if you need treatment in that region, you never know.

If you are worried about its being too dark then dont be its absolutely fine.

If forum members want to come over for a look I am more than happy to have you guys visit.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I.dont think you understood my question but dont worry i didnt ask.it very clearly

Acoustic treatment needs to go on.all first reflections - the ceiling is one of them so yes it definitely needs to go there.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I.dont think you understood my question but dont worry i didnt ask.it very clearly

Acoustic treatment needs to go on.all first reflections - the ceiling is one of them so yes it definitely needs to go there.

I see what what you mean now. I would map out your acoustic plan first, then work around the panels. Which company are you using for the treatment?

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
Duaplex, you will be interested in this (support for Dolby Atmos!):

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/42/98/405/SC-LX88-K/page.html

:)

:)

Indeed this is what I am waiting for. I wonder what Yamaha and Marantz will offer this September!

We are about to see the next VHS vs Betamax or HD DVD vs Bluray war. Will Atmos win or will Datasat with thier 3D sound format? I'm backing Dolby, they are too mainstream not to win.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts