Chromecast or Chromecast Audio?

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
IF I were to get a Chromecast box, what would be the advantages of either the HDMI version or the Audio version? I can connect to my AVR by either phono or HDMI so... I am looking at it principally for music but obviously the 'TV' version gives other opportunities

EnjoyingTheMusic

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the Audio version which arrived last week and is a perfect, one job done well solution. I guess it comes down to what device you are connecting to. If it is primarily a music related device then the Audio version is fine. If you want to extend into visual and connect via HDMI then the non Audio version is best. At the price it's justifiable to get both and experiment.

The audio on the audio version is extremely good so far, no drop outs, excellent reproduction supporting high resolution audio. For 30 pounds I am very pleased. I see a lot of potential for the little app to evolve too. I'll be adding an audio to each device and doing away with bluetooth totally. Within half an hour I had all the family phones, laptops, tablets etc set up on it easily.

One tip - although lots of apps natively support Chrome cast within their software, any app can be cast foe screen and/or audio from within the little dedicated app. This isn't mentioned in the reviews.

Hello, i am thinking of buying the chromecast audio. But i have a doubt. When i plugmy smartphone to my receiver via phone/rca cable the volume is to low, comparable to let's say a cd player. with chromecast it will have the same problem, or the output is with good level.

- If i connect trough out a digital out will it use my receiver dac,and the volume will be normal (cd player e.g)?

- If i compare it with lets say the "qed uplay stream", or "crystal acoustics widac", wich one will have more volume normal and better sound quality?

Thank you for your help a lot

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts