Chord USB SilverPlus

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

max337

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Kind of answered a question I asked recently. I might buy one just to blind test, to be sure.

I did hear though, that Chord is more expensive because they pay the little pixies in the cables more to push the 1s and 0s faster forward, than your average Belkin et al.

pokee1016

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Listen, I have had the debate countless times but it's really not worth calling a debate. Of course cables- yes even digital cables- make a difference in the chain and thus in the sound of the system. It is not a placebo effect, it is a listening effect. I've been in this business for nearly 30 years designing product that has gone to market. If I can't tell you that I know what I'm listening to, then what was I doing all of that time? Every piece of the puzzle matters. Sometimes the influence is greater than expected. Naysayers, like climate deniers, will continue to try to force their logic upon others while the rest of us would prefer to rely on our senses. After all, this whole music hi-fi business is about the senses and in the end that is really all that matters, not the price or the science behind it.

I'll give you this, you need to know the science to get the desired effect but you can't possibly measure why a Caddock resistor sounds different than a holco or dale. There are my 2 cents.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
pokee1016 said:
Listen, I have had the debate countless times but it's really not worth calling a debate. Of course cables- yes even digital cables- make a difference in the chain and thus in the sound of the system. It is not a placebo effect, it is a listening effect. I've been in this business for nearly 30 years designing product that has gone to market. If I can't tell you that I know what I'm listening to, then what was I doing all of that time? Every piece of the puzzle matters. Sometimes the influence is greater than expected. Naysayers, like climate deniers, will continue to try to force their logic upon others while the rest of us would prefer to rely on our senses. After all, this whole music hi-fi business is about the senses and in the end that is really all that matters, not the price or the science behind it.

I'll give you this, you need to know the science to get the desired effect but you can't possibly measure why a Caddock resistor sounds different than a holco or dale. There are my 2 cents.

Did this thread need resurrecting after eight weeks of being at peace?

A

Anderson

pokee1016 said:
There are my 2 cents.

Your currency is worthless, we're dealing with premium pennies and pounds here.

Also your anecdotes to working in the industry have no bearing on USB transport protocol.

Potts

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Jeez... haters gonna hate! I think some people need to chill out a bit. For those of you who were genuinely interested in the cable, I would still recommend giving it an audition. It is still doing a job in my system (2 years on), and despite the fact that the one I have is longer than I need now, I haven't been tempted in the slightest to swap it for a shorter length stock cable.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
other USB cable can do just as well. Though I grant "rational folk who understand the science gon' be rational folk who understand the science" doesn't have the same ring to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts