Chord Rumor 4, opinions please.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Right well have now got my whole system priced up, and now ready to order, but when we were sorting out what speaker cable to get from the dealer, he recommended the above, just wondered if anybody had any opinions on it as i can't seem to find any reviews or anything on it, £22/m is a fair whack for cable so just thought i'd ask, i'm getting Onkyo 875, B&W 684s, HTM62, DS3s ASW610 and few other odds and sods.

thanks, will

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="bigwill1001"]
Right well have now got my whole system priced up, and now ready to order, but when we were sorting out what speaker cable to get from the dealer, he recommended the above, just wondered if anybody had any opinions on it as i can't seem to find any reviews or anything on it, £22/m is a fair whack for cable so just thought i'd ask, i'm getting Onkyo 875, B&W 684s, HTM62, DS3s ASW610 and few other odds and sods.

thanks, will
[/quote] I don't think you can go wrong with Chord speaker cable. However, unless you are using your system as a stereo set up also, I don't personally think you need to go with the biwiring cable. Rumour 2 is £10 per metre and would be excellent in your system. You could even go to the new "budget" darling from Chord (I forget the name) which is £6 per metre and would also work great.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Go for the good stuff for the fronts and cheaper cable for the rears but make sure which ever you buy get the same make for all - i use the chord carnival silverscreen which i think is the cable Gerrard is mentioning for the front 3 and the carnical classic for my rears - all sounds very good to me.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="matengawhat"]Go for the good stuff for the fronts and cheaper cable for the rears but make sure which ever you buy get the same make for all - i use the chord carnival silverscreen which i think is the cable Gerrard is mentioning for the front 3 and the carnical classic for my rears - all sounds very good to me.[/quote] That's the stuff I was talking about. I have to disagree slightly though about keeping the same brand for the rears. I have very good Odyssey 4 for my left and right, Chord Rumour 2 for my centre and cheap thin cable for my rear speakers. I don't believe your rear speakers will need to have cable from the same company - my opinion.

A

Anonymous

I have to agree with Gerard. I have Audioquest Indido+ on my front (bi amped) and centre (biwired) speakers - its a very thick and great sounding cable from the older Audioiquest range. When I went multichannel I managed to source Indigo+ for my centre speaker on EBay and I am using Supra mini 1.6 for the surround and rear channels. It has high quality copper and is light, flexible and easy to run round the room. I run it and the 12m Audioquest HDMI cable to my Projector in mini electrical trunking painted to match the wall and its blends in very well. Also the sound is great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts