Chord Qutest power suplly

dkontos

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi. Is there someone using the Qutest with the ifi power-X power supply ? If so, what was the result in sound quality ? Does the extra investment of the ifi power suplly worth the money spent ? Are there any other suggestion for a power supply for the Qutest , or it is better to stay with its own power supply ?
Thank you....

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I use a qutest and I’d say you’d need very good ears to tell the difference (I have tried and couldn’t tell the difference ) of which chord proudly states there isn’t, if a company that will happily sell you an 8,000quid dac says there’s no difference then you have to wonder what reviewers are hearing.

Having said that, the ifi power supply I believe is “only” 50 quid so in the grand scheme of things pretty affordable.

I believe you have to be careful also, the chord warranty may be void using anything other than there own power supply, I’d certainly check that first. I can’t remember off the top of my head

Last edited:

knownothing

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
I have a 5V ifi iPOWERX and it works remarkably well with my ifi iPurifier. I find that it does not perform as well as the stock Chord power supply when used with my Qutest DAC. I also have a QuteHD DAC and it sounds wonderful with an upgraded MCRU lps, noticeably better than with the stock Chord switching supply. Others have found similar benefits of adding a linear power supply to a Qutest, BUT they have found that the benefits vary considerably between different brands. People seem very high on SBooster for the Qutest.

TRENDING THREADS