Chord Qutest dac

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Has anyone had a listen to this new dac from Chord? I really like the simplicity of the casework and features but I don’t think it has bluetooth connection. 

Why would anyone use BT with a DAC like this?

iceman16

drummerman said:
iceman16 said:
Has anyone had a listen to this new dac from Chord? I really like the simplicity of the casework and features but I don’t think it has bluetooth connection.

I like

Why would anyone use BT with a DAC like this?

Me and Mrs iceman like the convenience of when using it as background music and when friends visits. It may sound “selfish” but I won’t allow them to have access to the rest of my kit cause I had a bad experience before. Irrc the higher end Qbd76 has bt.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The Luxman is off the charts - never seen anything like that below Mega Money (its still expensive but not DAgostino money) - the volume knobs sparkle because of the finsh on them and the general build quality is amazing.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The Luxman beauty is wasted in this room, look lovely out on display.

Doing what I am is mad because you find yourself going from one extreme to the next - from a plain jane arcam, ps audio and ML to the ultra lavish Luxman and YBA - but they all win you over in their own way when you spend time with them

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
to a point def yes - but then you have the sound that stands out and raises the bar over the others - that could just be my preference obviously but I dont think its that.

I have a tendency to really like big and bold - but when tight and accurate comes along it makes big and bold sound lacking in clarity- thats goes against my natural preference to think that.

Its interesting trying it all out - you know you are doing it

Selby

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Received mine yesterday. Beautifully packaged and some care and thought has gone into how this product is presented. Its the sort of packaging that makes you want to keep it rather than open up the product and throw away the wrapper. In any case, plumbed the unit into my existing set-up. An MF A5 CD Player to an Arcam A49 Amp and a pair of Kef Ref 1.2's. Interconnects are all Wireworld Silver Eclipse (for Digital and Analogue for the DAC/CD Player/Amp) and QED XT400 Speaker cable. Now Im pleased to say that this DAC does bring out deeper detail which was otherwise missed using the on-board DAC of the MF A5 CD Player and the timing is crisp. Im enjoying this Chord DAC very much indeed.

It Just goes to show that old technology can be left behind but also "Brought Up To Date" by a simple inclusion of this Chord Qutest DAC. Im Lovvin' It!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I will try Gazzip.

lot to do first Linear Power Supply arrived literally the second I was walking out the door to come to Bristol.

I thought I was getting the jcat 200w but the box is massive and weighs a ton now thinking I have got the 400w?? how heavy is the 200w gazzip??

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I will try Gazzip.

lot to do first Linear Power Supply arrived literally the second I was walking out the door to come to Bristol.

I thought I was getting the jcat 200w but the box is massive and weighs a ton now thinking I have got the 400w?? how heavy is the 200w gazzip??

Not that heavy. About the same weight as a Cyrus PXR. You have the 400W by the sounds of it. You using it for the Qutest?

EDIT: Although I carried the 400W Home from the tube easily enough (a couple of stops for breath along the way), which as you know is a good 5 minutes. If it is really heavy then maybe you got both?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Gazzip just checked the specs and realised what a wimp I am.
The 400w psu weighs over 14kg no wonder you struggled getting it home.

the package I have is 3kg - makes me feel weak and feeble :)

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Gazzip just checked the specs and realised what a wimp I am. The 400w psu weighs over 14kg no wonder you struggled getting it home.

the package I have is 3kg - makes me feel weak and feeble :)

I didn't find it that heavy? Must have been the crystal meth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts