Chord Qutest dac

insider9

Hahaha and when I contacted Dale at Fanthorpes about the £795 offer for 2Qute and whether there was a new model in the pipeline he gentlemanly forgot to answer. That's was on Friday if memory serves me right.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
in my review for the hugo tt I asked for a version without a headphone amp. maybe they was listening :)

no headphone amp plus
not running off battery a negative and a positive.

could be the ideal dac for most people if its performance is akin to the hugo 2

insider9

Looking at specs it's the Hugo 2 without headphone section and battery. Same number of taps. Just as I was looking to upgrade my digital end.

Plus I like good looking components and this one is Qutest *biggrin*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
its likely going to come with a wall smps.
however 600 saving on the hugo 2 goes a long way with paul hynes for a serious quality lpsu

insider9

Yes but some may have one already. Also if it sound like Hugo 2 at that price it will be good value. Especially as I wasn't keen to use portable DAC in my system. Mojo sounded good but charging was a pain.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The Qutest runs on 5V from a microUSB input for greater accommodation of third party power supplies

means can run it off battery after all - very easy make a battery supply for this

Hawkwind16 said:
I'm just looking at DAC's for my system and it looks like Chord are taking over the world..

Only if your sucked into the design and the ethos. In a blind test you're hard pushed to distinguish between them and others, and unless you are really impressed you're paying too much. ;-)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I heard the Hugo TT in my friends setup with my parasound amp and PMC DB1i's. And I felt it sounded exactly the same as my setup with the chord 2 qute and PMC twenty 26. Iam still confused why I can't hear differences which people say exist as night and day. So wanted to know your impressions of the 2qute and the Hugo since you've heard both. Thanks :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
For me the Hugo is quite a bit better than the 2Qute, however if your not hearing it dont worry about it 

Glad to know that the Hugo is much better than the 2qute. Will certainly bear in mind, if I go for the active ATC SCM 40's come summer :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
If you dont need a mobile dac then the Qutest makes more sense and its cheaper - performance pending

I went for the chord 2 qute as I wanted a straight dac without preamp or headphone functionality . And I would stick with the 2 Qute for now. And the qutest seems the most logical uograde if I changed for the ATC SCM 40 actives .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts