Chord Mojo with Rega Apollo-R?

Audioholic2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm buying a Chord Mojo Dac and I would like to know if I could use this with a Rega Apollo-R cd player, so that the Apollo-R acts as a transport for the Chord Mojo. I have an all Rega system and I thought it would be great if the Chord Mojo wasn't just resticted to computer/phone duties, but was to be used primarily in a Hi-Fi system. The info on this isn't very clear, I've read you can connect it to a CD player, but I'm not sure if it requires a special adaptor in order to make it work.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Hi audioholic as well. Why do you want to buy the dac? What’s the rest of your system?

Audioholic2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. My system is Rega Apollo-R, Rega Brio-R and Rega RS1 speakers. I want to get better sound from my laptop, and also from my Hi-fi.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

If you are upgrading a dac for sound improvements like more detail etc, and spending similar money on a dac to cost of speakers, I’d spend that cash on new speakers instead if I were you, whilst selling yours. Your dac in the Rega CD player is decent enough.

Audioholic2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've bought the Mojo, and all I can say is WOW!!! It is incredible, music has never sounded so alive and ''right'', It really is a revelation. I 've used it with headphones and with my Rega Hi-Fi, my system has never sounded like this! What an upgrade in sound quality!

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Good one, it’s good to start hearing your music ‘as new’ - one of the buzzes of hifi. Now you’ll want to change your speakers no doubt....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts